After getting through all the wedding festivities, my mom celebrated her 53rd birthday on July 12th two days after my dad would have turned 55. I didn't get a chance to do this, but someone told me to have all the grandkids hold a bouquet of balloons, sing happy birthday and then release the balloons so we can send Papa a present up in Heaven. I want to always celebrate my dad's birth and try not to think about his death. For my mom's birthday, my grandma and grandpa took the family out to dinner, and we loved spoiling my mom rotten with gifts. After the last few years, she deserves being showered upon. On Juy 17th, my little JaidyBoo turned 3. This little girl is such a spit fire. I love her tenacious personality. There is no doubt in my mind, she will give my sister a run for her money the older she gets. Jaidyn is 3 going on 16.
Next came my little man's 4th birthday. I have been planning and scheduling this sucker for months. He is now at the age where he wants all his friends around, and of course Vic and I want to celebrate with all the family. So, two parties it was. His first party we held at a big water park called, Cowabunga Bay. We are lucky enough that it is located between our house and his school, so most of all his buddies were able to come. Jack told me he wanted a robot and solar system birthday. I went with robots for the water park party and space for our big backyard BBQ. I think about 25 people showed up for the kid's party. Jack had the time of his life. He loved all the water slides, and the lazy river. He has asked to go back every day since. I think I will have to take him one more time before schools starts just so he stops asking me! The next evening we had a huge party at our house. We grilled, had some drinks, made some s'mores at the fire pit, and had all our friends and family here to celebrate with us. I think the hit for the kids, was the glow in the dark balloons I found and the giant inflatable water slide uncle Tad brought over. It was such an amazing night. I even had my mom here with me for the entire weekend to help me out.
Mom's birthday at Kobe
My mom and grandma. Vic and I got her a Kindle Fire. At 53, I finally got my mom to have a love for reading.
Grandpa, my uncle Scott and Vic
Jaidyn's birthday. The kids loved the pinata!
Vic and Katchie at the groom's supper for Jess and Mace's wedding
Me and my Katch!
The bride
Vic at the reception
I look like a secretary
Jess and Mace
My birthday boy. How can he already be 4!
I told him he could have whatever he wanted to eat on his birthday. He chose gold fish for breakfast.
All the Waterford mom's and their kids at Cowabunga Bay
My mom took the day off of work to help me with the parties. She picked Jaidy up on the way!
Lunch break!











No comments:
Post a Comment