Thursday, June 21, 2012

The month of May in a nutshell

2012 has not been the year of the blog for me.  I am so behind, it is just ridiculous!  Being a mom is so time consuming.  Even when Jack is napping, I find myself being backed up on just about everything in my life, that blogging has taken a back seat.  So...I have about one hour free right now, and even though I have laundry to do, bathrooms to wash, dinner to prepare, and a lawn that needs mowed, I am dedicating my time to you...my probable one reader.
I think my last blog was the beginning of May, so sad, and that was when Jack was in baseball camp.  He LOVED baseball, and continues to tell me that he needs to go back and play.  I am a little worried about his upcoming football and soccer camps, I don't know how well he will respond to those, now that he has clarified baseball to be his favorite.  I know most kids would just go with it, but my son is a total control freak and hates change.  Once he has made a decision, that's it, regardless if he really likes what he is doing or not.  Case in point.  About a year ago, Jack made a decision to hate cheese.  Just up and decided mid quesadilla, cheese was not for him.  He has refused cheese to this day.  Even when everyone around him is eating pizza, and I know he really wants some, he just won't give in and I am not the kind of mom that will force him to eat pizza.  So I guess time will tell on the sports front, how he will respond.
After getting through with sports camp, I had Jaidyn for a weekend.  I love my little Magoo.  Her and Jack are so close.  The love to go and play in the backyard, which makes me a happy mama since that means they are not in the house driving me crazy.  On a different evening when Vic got home from work, he decided to go out and try to fix our gas fire pit.  I was inside making supper, and Jack was trying to be "helpful" and give daddy his tools.  I look out the window and find that Jack has pulled down his shorts and underwear, and while I start to yell "NOOOOO", Vic turns around and we just end up watching Jack take a dump in the back yard.  He yells back at me, "its ok, mommy, it is just boy poop!"  Of course Vic couldn't stop laughing, and I just stood there with this dumb look on my face thinking, "did that just happen?"  In a nutshell this was our month of May.
 Jack on a field trip to Thanksgiving Point with his preschool class
 At this time, this was a really fun idea.  It wasn't until we got home that I realized, with two swollen eyes, that Jack is allergic to horses!
 He was a bumblebee in school
 Getting ready to play
 This kid is never too far away from Mario Kart
 Taking turns with Jaidyn, riding around the yard
 My little girly tom-boy
 Jack wearing his "working" hat, while helping daddy
This would be right before the "boy poop" took place

No comments: