Now that I am all caught up though the month of March, I can write about current events... EASTER! We started out the festivities on Saturday morning by bringing Jack to our neighborhood Easter egg hunt. As we were pulling up, he yells "Lets go hunt some eggs!" He was suppose to be in this little area marked off for 0-4yr olds. Which was a small circle of hay bails. YEAH RIGHT, not my kid. Like that would contain him. Vic and I just rolled our eyes at the thought. He saw all the eggs all over the hills in the park, and he was just as fast as the other kids to get the eggs. There was suppose to be an 8 egg limit, but after all the kids found roughly 25, the hunt was over. After some candy consumption, we drove back to the house to pick up our dogs, then we rolled out to Mama East's place. What a busy day. Almost as soon as we got to my mom's, it was nap time for Jack, then my mom and I had to run errands. By the time we got back it was 4pm. We had enough time to dye Easter eggs with the babies, and order some Chinese. Then mom, Cathie and I took off, and left the babies with Vic and Tad. Us girls went to go and pic up my grandma, then we were off to the bridal store for Cathie's first fitting for her wedding dress. My mom actually found a very pretty dress as well, and got one ordered for her. Us four ladies (me, my mom, my gma, and Cathie) always have fun when we are together, and laugh nonstop. I love us. After dropping everyone off, mom and I ran to pick Jack up a nightlight and we got home after 8pm. I think I got mom of the universe award when I found a solar system night light. Jack asks to go to bed now, just so he can look at the projected picture on his ceiling. Oh my cute little nerd boy. Easter morning, Jack woke up and didn't even remember all the hype from the day before. He just wanted to cuddle. Then I whispered that the Easter bunny hid a basket, and he was off like a rocket. He searched all over grandma's house and finally found his basket under the piano bench. Yes, I am one of those mom's that don't believe in giving my kid an entire basket of candy. First off, it is insanely unhealthy and giving your kids a bucket load of candy will only hurt their health in their future. (sorry soapbox). Second, my child doesn't need the added boost of sugar to ping off the walls, he does just fine all on his own. So, Vic and I decided to give him summer things and a few toys. He got flip flops, swim trunks, a DVD, a new game for his Leap Pad, a shirt with robots on it (huge hit), and some angry birds fruit snacks. He was so happy. Soon after that, Cathie and her crew came over to make us breakfast. Tad and I sneaked out and hid all the eggs all over the yard. My grandpa and Uncle came over to see the hunt, and have breakfast. It was a really good Easter. The kids had a blast, the food was good and my family is awesome. There were a lot of tear, however. We all miss my dad, and holidays are especially hard. We all vividly remember last Easter, my dad was outside with the kids watching them find the eggs. There are reminders in every nook and cranny, of my mom's house. I will find myself playing and laughing with Jack, then my eyes randomly will spot his old work boots, or his baseball caps, or just all the pictures my mom has up. And it is like a knife being ground in my heart. There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss him fiercely. Random things pop into my head all the time. The way he would say "Jackson" or "Hey dude". He has been gone for 6 months, and it still hasn't gotten easier. I still break down daily. The night before Easter, as I was tucking Jack in bed, I was trying to explain the true meaning of Easter. Then he told me, "Mommy, why isn't Papa back yet?" I told him, "If Papa comes back, he will be sick again, but if he is up in Heaven with Jesus, he is all better because Jesus takes care of him." Jack goes, "Papa has to come back to get his hat, he left it here, and he needs it in Heaven. It is very sunny there. Mommy, I really miss my papa." For as much as I love these conversations, I can't make it out of the room fast enough because I start to weep. Vic takes over. Maybe Easter has been emotionally hard on my family because it is a reminder my dad is gone. Jesus died for our sins, and rose again. This is why my dad is in no more pain, because Jesus saved him. I truly believe this. Although, hopefully soon, this thought will become a comfort instead of a reminder I don't have my dad anymore.

Getting ready to dye the eggs
This is what we get when we say to smile big
Grandma coming to help
I mustache you a question
Looking for his Easter basket
Found it!
Going through his haul
The hunt
What is inside?
No comments:
Post a Comment