In the midst of everything happening with my dad, my family slightly put my brother's 30th birthday to the side. Of course he didn't care at all. He turned 30, 5 days before the passing of my dad. No one wanted to celebrate anything, but my MN family wanted to see my new house, and I wanted to get my mom away from hers just for a few hours. My mom called me and said she was going to come and make a cake so we could give Chad recognition that he is the big 3-0. I had just received Chad's birthday present in the mail, so timing worked out great. I really put some thought into his present. I wanted to put a smile on his face and make him laugh since that is the last thing we all felt like doing. I put together a small dinner and we had some cake. Chad opened his present, and the first thing he pulled out was a picture Jack drew for him. Jack draws pictures every day in class, then tells me in the car whom they are to go to. Next Chad pulls out his new DUDE diaper bag. Let me just put out there, that my brother and his wife Krista are expecting their first baby in May. For some reason, we all think it is a boy. At the moment, Chad wants to name him Hunter Chad. The reason for Hunter, is because it will tribute my dad. Hunting was one of his passions. Krista is not sold on the name, she is totally fine dedicating a name to dad, but Hunter is just not clicking for her...yet. :) Chad could not get the grin off his face. I found him the perfect diaper bag for daddy duty. It is camouflage with hunter orange piping. He pulled out the changing pad inside, looked at my mom with this quizzical look on his face, and said, "What in the world is this for?" Needless to say, mom started laughing, and that is something we haven't seen for quite a while. We all joined in on the laughter, and we could feel the grief and tension slowing dissipating. Those emotions will never go away, but I know we will learn to live with them, and work around them. Dad's death has left a hole in all of our hearts, but with time and togetherness, it won't feel as sharp as it does now.

I love how this diaper bag looks like a utility belt. If I had more time, I would have filled the front with bottles. He is definitely going to look like a cool dad come May.
1 comment:
good luck
chong set
Post a Comment